Monday, May 3, 2010

So Much for the Tent Fort

Okay, so my boys LOVE crawling under things and being in small spaces.  They love blankets and pillows.  I decided that the perfect way to have them in heaven for hours would be to make our dining room table into a tent fort.  Nothing special or difficult, just blankets over the table and some blankets and pillows underneath.  Chairs definitely pushed out of the way to avoid any mishaps.
It entertained them for about 5 minutes.  They were most intrigued with what I was doing.  Blankets on the table?  Is Mom crazy?  In I crawled and they followed.  They sat on the pillows and covered themselves with blankets and then Justin asked what we could do now.  Ryan kept trying to stand up and would hit his head and scream.  Lovely.  So much for them enjoying it.  Actually, they did enjoy moving the dining room chairs around the room.  Guess I should remember that fun activity for the future!

Ryan DID find something he enjoyed doing though.  I was cleaning some marker off of the floor with a wipe.  He decided that cleaning the floor was the best activity that I had provided for him all day.  He probably could have done that  for hours!



No comments:

Post a Comment