Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cardboard Box

I am amazed time and time again by how kids can have fun with the simplest things.  My boys love empty boxes.  I saved some boxes and today when I was tired of trying to deal with my cranky boys I pulled them (the boxes, not the boys) out of the back room and told the boys to have fun.  What can you do with a few empty boxes?
Push them.  What is more fun than pushing around an empty box?  Better than an expensive toddler push toy anyday!

Throw them.  Hey, my boys like to throw just about anything.  Why should a box be an exception?

Race with them.  Pick up the box and run.  Who can make it around the living room first?

Climb on them.  Ryan climbs on everything.  Boxes aren't quite as much fun as shelves, tables, kitchen counters...

Stack them.   Stacking is the best because it leads to knocking them down.
It lasted for about an hour and then they were at each other again.  I put the boxes away for another day.  Perhaps there is a whole new life for them outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment