Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Today when I greeted the boys with “good morning” I was informed by Justin that you only do that at a real school and we only have a pretend school. Noted. We did the calendar/morning meeting routine. Today I have included a picture of the days of the week cards I use with the boys.

We did our letter A poem. Ryan’s finished product is pictured.



 We also made apple crisp. Yum! It took a very long time to make such a simple recipe. Justin and Ryan both LOVE to have their turns, so we measure things out in small measuring cups so each boy gets multiple chances to dump things into the bowl.


After doing his letter dot project, Justin set out making what he called his ant traps. He made dots over pieces of paper and then cut them up into various sizes. Sometimes he would cut straight lines, sometimes he would cut around the dots, and other times he would cut dots in half. He tried explaining the logic to me, but I didn’t get it.


I got out my color cards (I think this was the first thing I ever posted) and Justin sorted by color while Ryan decided that today all items were yellow. Oh well.


We had some more Halloween themed books today as well as an apple tree rhyme.

This afternoon we got to go to the fire station.  Justin got to slide down the fire pole.  Ryan begged for a turn, but I didn’t give in.  We all got to go on a ride in the fire truck with the sirens on.  Pretty cool!  Don’t think I can top that for tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment