Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ideas from makelearningfun.com

I have found lots of cute ideas on makelearningfun.com.  Many of the ideas are similar (same activity, just different themes) or more for a classroom setting, but I have had fun adapting them for my kids.  Pictured are the Brown Bear color word cards and The Hungry Caterpillar days of the week.  I didn't want them as large as they have them, so I simply printed multiple pages per sheet. I used card stock and laminated them.  For the color word activity you look at the picture of the animal (red bird, blue horse, etc.) and clip a clothespin on the box with the correct color word.  Pretty easy for Justin and too hard for Ryan, but they both enjoy it in their own way.  Justin likes doing this kind of activity and Ryan wants to do what Justin does.  The days of the week are just pictures that go along with the Eric Carle story.  Each picture shows the food the caterpillar ate and has the day of the week printed on it.  Justin doesn't know the days of the week in sequence yet and I figured this way he can learn the order without me teaching him.  I have decided to put flashcards and just about anything else I can on loose leaf rings.  Makes storage easy and I don't have to deal with baggies, rubber bands, etc. 

The website isn't designed as well as I would like, but it has a lot of ideas that I think are cute and my boys agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment