Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

For Fathers Day I had the boys each make a hand print for Rob.  Justin LOVED having me paint his hand, but Ryan was not quite sure.  I could not believe that TB's hand is almost as big as Justin's!  I figure later this week I can "steal" the hand prints and put them in the pile for the boys' scrapbooks.  I have some extra hand prints that Justin wants to mail out because he knows that people "would just love" his hand prints.  I suggested decorating one of them like an alligator and he told me that was silly because they are just hands.  Okay then.  Don't know what I was thinking.  We also made a bookmark.  I took a picture (several actually so I could get one that showed their faces) of each boy wearing Rob's hat and shoes.  They love to wear his things and pretend that they are like Daddy.  I cut out each picture, mounted it on card stock, added some quotes, and laminated it.  Not great pictures of the bookmark, but you get the idea.  Justin also helped to wrap it.  He is a little heavy on the tape, but was proud of his ability to wrap the present AND put a bow on it.  Both boys were quite interested in their cut out pictures, so I think that I will have us all get some basic pictures taken and then cut them out so I can make figures of the family for the boys to play with.  It will either entertain them and be a lot of fun or a cheap form of therapy to act out their aggressions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment