Friday, November 12, 2010

November 8-12, 2010


This week we continued with our normal routine and our November thankful chain.  Rob got Veteran's Day off of work so we got to spend time together running errands and some time outdoors.  Here are some of this week's highlights, if that is what you would call them.

Justin told me he made me an umbrella.  It won't exactly keep me dry, but I was impressed.
We made these turkeys.  I did the cutting for this project, but the boys did their own painting and Justin folded his own turkey legs.  He thinks he is pretty clever to be able to do the "zig zag" paper.

Justin showed this to me and I said, "Ape-o?"  He said that it was an apple, but that I couldn't eat it.  I said, "Oh, you wrote apple for me."  He said," Mommy, when you say it, it has an "L' on the end!"
We are going to do a K-W-L chart about turkeys.  We took some pics of them this week when we were at the petting zoo.

Ryan and Justin made their pilgrim boys.  I think they are adorable.  Justin cut out his own black body and hat.  I cut out the other pieces because he tends to get frustrated or lose interest if there is too much.  He did the gluing all by himself. 

Evidently Justin thinks this will make a perfect birthday card for Papa.  He also thinks he needs a bigger paper so he can write his name.  There isn't enough space on the name line.

Completely independent.  Obviously still not great coloring, but he gets it.

Some of this week's books.

More books.  Ryan loves the ants book and Justin loves the pigeon book.

Justin working on the worksheet asking him to color the piece of pie with fewer pecans in each set of two.  He then decided to add some of his own pecans so they would be equal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment