Thursday, April 22, 2010

Row, Row, Row Your Boat...

This week I decided to use an old box to make a boat.  All it required was me plopping the box on the floor and telling the boys that it was a boat.  I helped them in and we sang "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" a few times.   The toy mop and broom were transformed into paddles so the boys could row their way through the water.  Justin did not want me to be a shark in the water, so I decided we would do some fishing instead.  Justin as a fish puzzle with a little fishing pole that we got at Target last December.  Perfect!  Of course I have TWO boys, so I needed a second fishing pole.  I took a plastic toy rolling pin, a bit of twine, a magnet from the fridge, and a binder clip.  Those items became the second fishing pole!  I also found some fish from a file folder game and stuck paper clips on them so that there would be more fish for the boys to catch.  Easy.
I am hoping that the box doesn't get completely destroyed because I think it could be a fun totem pole at some point.  The boys can really get the boat rocking though.  Guess we must have some pretty major storms in our playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment